LFV streamlines Nordic air traffic services
Since 15 February, SAG member, LFV has been providing new technical services to air navigation service providers in Iceland (Isavia) and Denmark (Naviair). These services streamline their production of flight information and are the result of successful Nordic cooperation.
“This is a great success for us. We have created a service that lives up to the regulatory requirements from the EU and we have taken the initiative for a collaboration with our Nordic colleagues which resulted in this unique offer of a solution that includes both technology, maintenance, training and support”, says LFV’s CEO Ann Persson Grivas.
The EU requires air navigation service providers to share costs and risks with each other. LFV has realized the goal through a modern system architecture and coordination between several different stakeholders. The Italian company IDS (Ingegneria Dei Sistemi) has developed the software which LFV then develops and resells according to the established business model SaaS – Software as a Service.
Facts about L-CAPS
- L-CAPS stands for LFV Comprehensive AIM Production Service and contains functionality for NOTAM, Pre-flight briefing for AIS and MET, AIP, map production, flight plan management, design of flight procedures.
- The business model with technical service, training and support, which is in line with future European development of service deliveries. Named SaaS = Software as a Service.
- Modern and cyber-secure infrastructure and system architecture that is repetitive, scalable and space-bound.
- Was noticed in 2019 by the European Commission with a special mention for the realization of Single European Sky.
- If you fly around the earth at our latitudes, you are in the airspace where L-CAPS is used just over a quarter of the time.
Original article source: LFV