Image courtesy of Patria
- 12 March, 2018GECAS to Introduce Telair’s New Flexible Loading System with Boeing 737-800 Converted Freighter Operators - elair International AB today announced it has received certification for its new Flexible Loading System™ (FLS) for all current production and in service Boeing 737 aircraft. The system allows 737 operators to carry containerized cargo (baggage, mail, and parcel freight) in the lower hold of the aircraft, along with bulk-loaded bags.
- 21 January, 2018SAG attends Passenger Terminal Expo in Stockholm 2018 - The world’s leading international airport conference and exhibition Passenger Terminal Expo lands in Stockholm in 2018 on March 20,21,22. Swedish Aviation Group will be attending the exhibition, come and visit us and our member companies at stand 255.
- 15 January, 2018LFV: record number of aircraft movements in 2017 - Never before have there been as many flights through Swedish airspace as in 2017. LFV’s statistics for last year show a five per cent increase in traffic compared with 2016, up to 762,000 aircraft movements. “Sweden’s economy is strong, and this is reflected in aviation, especially internationally. Sweden is also becoming increasingly attractive as a Read More
- 15 January, 2018LFV now has remote air traffic control for Sundsvall Timrå Airport - At the end of December, Sundsvall Timrå Airport in northern Sweden became the country’s second airport to have remote air traffic control. At 07.00 on 20 December, the tower was closed down and the air traffic control service was transferred to LFV’s control centre. The distance from the tower to the control centre is not Read More
- 01 December, 2017SAG member meeting held on November 29 - On November 29 Swedish Aviation Group held one of their member meetings. On this meeting Nils Paul from the Ministry of Enterprise and Innovation came and talked about the Strategy for Aviation published earlier this year. The meeting ended with a mingle.
- 24 November, 2017LFV and Swedavia establish remote air traffic service from a remote position at four airports - LFV, Air Navigation Services of Sweden, and the airport company Swedavia, have signed an agreement that establishes air traffic service (ATS) from a remote position at four Swedavia airports. Concerned airports are Kiruna Airport, Umeå Airport, Åre Östersund Airport and Malmö Airport. “With the agreement between LFV and Swedavia, a major step towards digitalisation and Read More
- 03 May, 2017Digitization in the aviation industry seminar - On April 27 2017, Swedish Aviation Group hosted a seminar about digitization in the aviation industry with a well balanced mix of speakers from different areas presenting the digital transformation from the early 1970's until today and also with a look in the crystal ball in what is upcoming both in a close and a Read More
- 05 April, 2017Combitech joins SAG - Swedish Aviation Group welcomes Combitech into the fold! Combitech is an independent technical consulting company and part of defence and security group Saab AB. Combitech is growing both organically and through acquisitions, with almost 1,900 qualified consultants in some 30 locations in Sweden, Norway and Finland. They offer high delivery capacity and a wide range of Read More
- 05 April, 2017HMXW joins SAG - Swedish Aviation Group welcomes HMXW arkitekter into the fold! HMXW arkitekter is an award winning design and architecture firm based in Stockholm. They have more than 30 years of experience developing design ideas and solutions for airports and aviation facilities. Please read more about HMXW arkitekter here.
- 13 October, 2016Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc. Acquires the Business of Swedish Manufacturer of De-Icers - AUGUSTA, Ga. —Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc., a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, has acquired, through its Swedish affiliate, Textron Sweden AB, the assets of Safeaero i Trelleborg AB, a Swedish manufacturer of premium de-icers for the aviation industry. Textron Sweden AB is a subsidiary of Textron Inc. Going forward, Safeaero’s business will operate as part Read More
- 16 August, 2016LFV and Saab go global and establish a joint venture for remotely-operated air navigation services - LFV and Saab establish a joint venture, Saab Digital Air Traffic Solutions, to promote, develop, deliver and operate digital remote air traffic control for the export market. “LFV and Saab have been working together on the development of Remote Tower Services and the digitalisation of air navigation services for many years. Establishing a joint venture Read More
- 14 April, 2016LFV: Full capacity in Swedish airspace after 90 minutes radar loss - The investigation, made by LFV, after the radar disruptions that affected parts of Sweden's air traffic on 4 November 2015, shows that the disruptions were due to radio emissions linked to a solar flare. This is the conclusion from the investigation conducted by LFV after the event. On Wednesday 4 November 2015, at around 16:00 Read More
- 08 April, 2016LFV and Swedavia investigate the conditions for Remote Tower Services - LFV and Swedavia have signed a Letter of Intent, to investigate the potential to establish remote tower services at five Swedish airports. LFV has during a ten year period together with Saab developed Remote Tower Services or RTS, where LFV has been responsible for the operative know-how and Saab the technology. On April 21, Infrastructure Read More
- 30 March, 2016LFV Annual Report 2015: Airlines fees lowered yet again - In 2015 LFV carried out successful efforts to increase efficiency. This allowed Sweden's route charge to be lowered for the fourth year in a row on 1 January 2016. The reduction was 4.6%. "In 2015, LFV has managed to generate profits while helping lower the charges for en-route operations. This proves that our work with Read More
- 20 March, 2016ClearPoint joins SAG - Swedish Aviation Group welcomes ClearPoint into the fold! ClearPoint’s mission is to be the independent link between the business and the supplier by making complex choices in technology and services easier and clearer for our clients. Our team have extensive experience in national as well as international work for large organizations, primarily in aviation, public sector and telecom. Please Read More
- 11 March, 2016LFV recieves SES Award for Remote Tower Services - LFV received a SES Award for Remote Tower Services, the first operational approved remote tower service in the world, at World ATM Congress 2016 in Madrid this week. – It is with great pride and joy that we recieve this award. Remote Tower Services will change the conditions for air traffic services. The award encourages us to continue our development towards Read More
- 08 March, 2016LFV Remote Tower Services – One Year in Operation - Since 21 April 2015, LFV has provided remote air traffic control at its Remote Tower Centre in Sundsvall. With around 4,000 recorded operational hours, LFV has acquired a unique experience that airports around the world can benefit from. "LFV realised its vision in cooperation with Saab. LFV is not only the sole provider of active Read More